Thursday, July 31, 2008

"Be Sure to Drink Your Ovaltine" (A Crummy Commercial)

jumblepromofinal



Let's all congratulate Spazmo, shall we, for being the first to guess the title of Jeremy's webcomic!

Now, let's all gasp in admiration at a proper advertisement for it.

vzbblogpromo073108



If I recall correctly -- and my memory's a bit fuzzy on this, since it happened 1,000 years ago and in another dimension -- the "saucy frolicking" wasn't in every strip. But I guess Jeremy wanted readers to prepare themselves for a Sexiest Case Scenario. It's the same thing I do on my dates! Sometimes, Storm Boy appears from under the bistro table, wearing a stewardess uniform and a life jacket, and he elaborately mimes what my date should do in a Sexy Emergency.

Which is weird, since I certainly never told him he could do that.

As for me, I'm going on a one-man "corporate retreat" -- if I can ever dodge this gang of losers which has attached itself to me like a space-barnacle on a really cool space-yacht. I'm gonna fly out to some forest-covered planet and just "hang". Y'know, try to get my head together and stuff. Maybe bang the occasional lumberjack. I dunno. So I won't be blogging for a little bit. Look for me early next week, probably.

On a completely unrelated note, Jeremy is having surgery "today" (as in 7/31/08) to correct that annoying deviated septum of his. Let's just hope he doesn't wind up looking like that Kristen Chenoweth-faced dude who's a judge on "Shear Genius."

11 comments:

Skeleton Munroe said...

ZThat might be the most adorable pillaging that I've ever seen.

Way to raise the adorable pillaging depiction bar, sir.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Viking zombie boyfriend? Sweet zombie Jesus!

And where did Jeremy get a deviant sectopod anyway?

spazmo said...

This sounds great! As dear Queen Mary used to say, "The only good Viking is a dead Viking". Then again, she was barmy as a bandicoot...

Had no idea Jeremy was a deviant septuagenarian, but it's amazing what science can cure these days.

Tell him to pinch a nurse or two for me!

Anonymous said...

Yowk! Good fortune on the operation. Never a treat.

Private Hudson said...

I had a devious speculum once. Boy was the sarge mad about that.

Nepharia said...

GASP! Nice ad :D

Hope all went well with the surgery.

Viking Zombie Boyfriend said...

Johnathan: That was my goal, by cracky. And I promise some spicier stuff later this month.

Jon and Private Hudson: It's "depleted stepmum." Wiseapples.

Spazmo: Sadly, there were no pinchworthy nurses to be found. Just female ones. Which is a shame, because I'd worked up this whole "Oh, I'm still under the influence of the anesthesia, I don't what I'm doing" routine.

Chawunky and Nepharia: Thanks! I'm back home now and feeling swell. Other than the constant snorting-back of mucous and scabs. I've been told I can't blow my nose for at least a week. Or my nose falls off, or somethin'. Thank goodness for saline nasal spray! And I haven't needed the pain meds since Thursday evening. What can I say, I'm a lucky bastard!

MaGnUs said...

I loved the preview strip.

SHI said...

if you do that on dates you must be loads of fun

Jeremy Rizza said...

MaGnUs: Hey, Jeremy's noggin is big enough already without you puffing it up with praise! (I'm a big believer in tough love. Tough, firm, sweaty, hairy love. Er, but I digress.)

SHI: I doubt Jeremy does, but I sure do, sister! (You got any brothers like you at home?)

MaGnUs said...

Thanks for that hairy, sweaty image, BB.