Friday, December 14, 2007

They Weren't Steaming Before He Got In

sa203nightmareinmoss



Whosoever knows fear burns at the audit of the Accountant-Thing!

That's the sign of a good detective, by the way: he's not afraid to get his socks all squishy. Of course, he's going to need about three hundred luxurious, sensual bubble baths with copious moaning and grunting and bossa nova music and candles everywhere and the windows open before he can get the swamp-stank off of him. But that's just a hazard of the job.

This panel is from the lead story in "Strange Adventures" #203, and it's loads better than the godawful "Split-Man" tale that snagged the cover. Not that it would take much. But still.

If I had to complain -- and I do, frequently -- it would be about the hero's overuse of scare-quotes (see above) and ellipses (see below).

sa203keysniffer



That key's going right up his nose, isn't it?

7 comments:

Phillip said...

That hair! That part! Those eyebrows! They just don't draw men like this anymore. (Yeah, that's his pickin' key.)

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Dude, do not pick your nose with those keys! I'm just saying...

And I suppose putting a patch of moss on your head would be good camoflage, but do you know what would be better camoflage? camoflage!

Scipio said...

"Whosoever knows fear burns at the audit of the Accountant-Thing!"

This rendered me incontinent with amusement.

You, dude, owe me new underwear and pair of clamdiggers.

Scipio said...

"three hundred luxurious, sensual bubble baths with copious moaning and grunting and bossa nova music and candles everywhere and the windows open"

That sounds like my last vacation!

captain koma said...

You post a lot BB.

One wonders whether you are even more of a social outcast than I.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

I don't think that could be possible.

Jeremy Rizza said...

Phillip: Yeah, men were more "Sean Connery-esque" back then.

Jon: But the moss had a frog on top and everything! It was fool-proof, I tells ya!

Scipio: I'll spring for the underwear but not the clam diggers. There is no earthly reason for anybody to wear those. Not even if they're digging for clams! I'm sorry, but it's for your own good.

Scipio: That was you?

Captain Koma: And I don't even have the excuse of a humongous snake tail! Well, not literally, anyhow.

Jon: Heh. Catfight! You two go at it; I'm gonna sit down over there and watch.