Thursday, July 05, 2007

The First Stage is Denial

s183droppedmybooks

"It'll take me a good three hours, at least, to pick up all these books! Tell Mom and Dad I'll be late for supper! If I ever make it back home at all! Y'know what, you'd better just arrange for someone to bring me a tent, a sleeping bag, a Coleman lantern, some non-perishable food items, potable water, a roll of toilet paper, a citronella candle, my winter coat and a Melville novel because there's no telling when I'll finally be done picking up all these books!"

Face it, Lana... those books are a lost cause. It's best to just move on.

(As if she's ever read a book in her life--!)

6 comments:

Skeleton Munroe said...

She might not read them, but she definitely needs them so that she can peer suspiciously at Clark while *pretending* to do so.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Clark's going for a balloon ride isn't he? This is turning into a bad episode of Three's Company.

If Clark trips over a sofa, I'm out of here.

Anonymous said...

That's how corrupt Smallville is: They say it's just an inspection, but then they let some kids take a ride. As long as there's no molestation lawsuit, the citystatecounty government turns a blind eye.

Jeremy Rizza said...

Jonathan: Well, sure I can see how-- hey! I just noticed your pose in that photo and... peering suspiciously at me?

Jon: Oh, wacky hi-jinx will ensue.

Anonymous: Maybe Frank Miller should do a "Smallville" miniseries! I'd buy it. (Volume one: "The Big Fat Balloon.")

Scipio said...

I believe that top volume is
"Lame Excuses for Dummies"

Jeremy Rizza said...

And the other two tomes are "The Seven Habits of Highly Intrusive People" and "Meddle Yourself Thin!"