Thursday, September 20, 2007

Honey Do

Dimitrius?

Sweetums?

Could you be a dear and pick up my dry cleaning while you're on that side of town? And there's this sandwich place right next door -- they make the best turkey on sourdough with provolone and guacamole -- grab me one of those, if you could... I can't pay you right now, so you'll just have to put it on my "tab", heh-heh! Oh! And there's a news stand just down the street, get me a copy of The Sporting News and an InStyle and maybe a Cottage Living if they have it, and if they don't, could you ask them why not, because it's a really great magazine and I just know I'm not the only one who enjoys their home decorating articles, and also, swing by that coffee place across the street from the news stand and buy me large toffee-soymilk frappuccino, only not in the plastic cup because you know how concerned I am about the environment.

Okay?


im41shallbenothing

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I assume "Zoonng!" is the European equivalent of "Aw, snap!" Of course, it'd be easier to make that assumption if Demetrius would USE HIS TENTACLES (oh, I get it now. They come from Zork.) instead of letting them hang there like golden (or leaden) pig-tails.

Nate said...

This panel really should become the new internet meme among comics geeks on discussion boards.

It's up there with "do not want"

Scipio said...

Didn't he wind up opening a soup place in Manhattan?

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

So do they ever even explain where the boobs with the golden crabclaws come from? Is he a mutant? Is he an experiment gone horribly, horribly, horribly wrong? Enquiring minds want to know!

Chance said...

Do they, Jon? Do they really?

Jeremy Rizza said...

Anonymous: Maybe "Zork" should be the sound effect.

Gyuss: This panel has so many useful uses! Squint, and suddenly Demitrius is Dan Didio, addressing an audience of female comics fans!

Scipio: Maybe they're working for J. Peterman!

Jon and Chance: We've got exactly two pages left to go through, so I don't want to spoil it for you. But yeah, they explain it, and everybody in the comic feels profoundly ripped-off, including Slasher.

Bill S. said...

Let me guess: Marianne is having a bad dream on the airplane after having passed out when all the thought bubbles forced the oxygen out of the cabin!