Friday, June 08, 2007

It's Fun to Stay at the J-A-I-L

ac1chuckjail

As a former inmate there myself (from my travels in the DC Universe's Ye Olde Weste) I'm proud to give you a tour of the Red Gulch City Gaol (or "Jail" as you 21st Century people spell it nowadays back then). Here is their one jail cell... and that's about it. The sheriff and his deputy don't even have desks. All they get is a single chair and they have to play rock-paper-scissors to decide who gets to sit down. The cell, however, has all the amenities a fashion-conscious felon would ever want. There are pegs on the wall so you can hang up your chapeau, stubble razors (remember them?) only since it's Ye Olde Weste they're powered by steam, a goodly selection of hair pomades and alcohol rubs and boot polishes, a little iron so you can press your kerchief, and a complete manicure/pedicure set. I loved that little cell! Too much, actually! It got to where I couldn't pass by the Red Gulch Citibank without at least trying to rob it, just so I could get sent to the "pokey"!

And what's this dumb shmoe in for, you ask?

Voyeurism.

ac1chuckeating

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least he wasn't in jail for one of those weird laws that they loved to put on the books just for the hell of it in the old days. Laws against things like putting pretzels in a bag or imitating an animal.

Okay, tangential sidebar, but in trying to remember some of those bizarred laws that are still on the books, I came across this one:

"In Memphis, Tennessee, a woman is not to drive a car unless a man warns approaching motorists or pedestrians by walking in front of the car that is being driven."

Just...wow.

Bully said...

That first panel: somehow I can picture Paris Hilton saying the exact same thing.

Jeremy Rizza said...

Justin: Nope, it was the guy he was watching who was imitating an animal. Um, not that I was there or anything. Nope.

Bully: Or Mel Gibson!

MaGnUs said...

I thought he was in for not wearing a kerchief that went with his shirt.