Monday, September 10, 2007

Extreme Blockadeover: MaGnUs, Part Four

The H.M.S. Exquisite has docked at an out-of-the-way planetoid for repairs. Since the Exquisite is a pirate spaceship I had to take the old girl to a skeezy chop-shop establishment. They're replacing the melted nuclear engine with one they "reclaimed" from a fancy U.P. battle cruiser. Already I can hear the mechanics whispering shit like "That's the famous Brigadier Blockade? I thought he was a cyborg!" and "He's got all his body parts! What's up with that? You can't be a pirate if you still got all your arms and legs!" and "The U.P.'s gonna take back his pirate's license for sure!" and (of course) "Now that's what I call a man! Do you think he'd roger me in the grease pit if I asked real nice?" (I get that last one all the time.) But yeah, word that I'm no longer officially qualified to be a pirate is going to spread pretty fast now. And I'd threaten these guys to keep 'em quiet but it sounds like they're into that. Which is fine, I don't even want to be a pirate anymore (so there!) but if the U.P. catches up to me before I've had a chance to unload my booty (so to speak) they're going to confiscate it all! So I've got to get the Exquisite up and running and off to someplace I can make a helluva deal for all my legally-stolen merchandise.

In the meantime, I've got some more mail! From MaGnUs! And he says...
So, here goes my last batch
Sure it is, buddy. Sure it is...! *thunderous-yet-congenial laughter*

bbmagnusxblock2

This is the x-costume again, with less skin showing, and less of a gimpy feel to it. I dropped the cowl, but left the goggles, and kept the huge-ass X on the chest, as well as the textured gloves. Black bodysuit, and a belt only as a fashion accesory (like Rogue used to wear); with multi-buckled boots to match. I don't expect you to put this one on the maybe pile, but I just wanted to show you the redesign.
Well, tough shit because I am putting it on the "maybe" pile.

bbmagnusdetblock

Just for shit and giggles: Detective Blockade goes to Reboot Era and has mutiple pouches to hold all the bullets he needs to kill people who call themselves stuff like "Apparition", "Live Wire" or "Inferno".
Heh. Cute. It's a non-starter for me, of course, because of the gray temples (which don't exactly go with "Boy") and the generic costume. Also, I kind of miss the cigar. Even though I'm more of a pipe man myself. Oh well.

bbmagnusmadscience

Professor Blockade: Mad scientist get up, again, just for fun. Absent-minded mad scientist.
I know, but I decided to post this anyway. Because I really like the goggles, the bald head, and (especially) the walrus mustache. Koo-koo-katchoo, motherfuckers! The bow tie is a nice touch as well. Y'know, it's a shame this is mostly street clothes, or else I'd consider it for the "maybe" pile.

bbmagnusshawstudio

Kung-Fu Blockade: Just a regular kung-fu fighter outfit, with the sunglasses to give it a modern touch, and of course, a black belt.
Wow! No, thank you. Although I like the idea of showing my big, ape-like feet to all the world. On the few occasions I've walked around barefoot in public, I'd see strangers glance down at my feet and get these ridiculous scrunched-up "disgusted" faces, so then of course I had to pin them up against a wall -- with one of my feet -- and say "You know what your problem is? You just can handle how fabulous my feet are!" (Yes, I sometimes paraphrase dialog from the Whitney Houston version of "Cinderella.") And then I pimp-slap them a couple of times. With my feet.

There, won't torture you again with my designs
Oh! Well, I'm glad we've come to some sort of an understanding...
unless I get new ideas...
D'oh!

6 comments:

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Great mad scientist. I can see you giving a bomb and a bicycle-driven balloon to some young teenager to attack an evil government's zepplin.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Wait wait, not a bomb, that would be silly. You'd give a MacGuffin to the teenager instead. The kid would have these huge doe eyes, of course, and probably crazy hair.

MaGnUs said...

Glad you like the x--costume then... want me to work up a version of the Mad Scientist one where you wear something more like a superhero suit?

Anonymous said...

Magnus, you get a little bit better with each iteration. I actually dig the mad scientist get-up. The suspenders coupled with the elastic-waisted track pants and sneakers is just too far out, man. It's a total gas! (Nah, I don't know either why I just began talking like it's the 1950s.)

Jeremy Rizza said...

MaGnUs: Yeah, go for it! I'd like to see what you come up with!

MaGnUs said...

Thanks Justin, I also love the absent-minded mad scientist getup myself... not because I made it... but because it's so "I've got more important things to think about than coordinating outfits"... but it's not good for BB, who pays a lot of attention to his outfits.

So yeah, I'll try to glam it up. And as for the X-suit, it's when I'm not trying hard to get into the maybe pile that I get into it :P