Sunday, September 02, 2007

Extreme Blockadeover: Philip Rice

How manly is my e-mail program? New messages are announced with the sound somewhere between a revving chainsaw and a mortally injured Kodiak, and before I can actually read my mail, I have to wrestle down a robot arm I've mounted next to the keyboard. It's been too easy, lately. I might have to add some spinning blades or poison-tipped darts to the mechanism. Anyway, I've got a trio of costume designs this time! They're all from Philip Rice, who writes:
Uh, hello. I came up with these three designs.

The first is a compilation of elements that I liked from your previous costumes. It's just basic purple faux-leather offset by shiny gold bits. A chunk of hair at the front is also dyed yellow to create a slightly triangular shape from the feet to the head. The jacket can zip up, but I imagine it would be fairly tight.

The second is just a generic superhero costume. I don't think it turned out too well.

The third is for if, Grodd forbid, you re-contact that pesky technorganic virus, get driven insane, and become a villainous space tyrant.

I hope you like them.
Yeah, me too, Philip! Time for a look-see...

blockboyrice1

Oh, I like! Clean lines, it definitely represents my rough-and-tumble personality, and I like the detail of the gold-toed (and -heeled!) boots. Good job, dyeing that front lock of hair to match. This is another one for the "maybe" pile! (At the end of the contest, I'll choose the winner from all the "maybe" designs.) Next!

blockboyrice2

Interesting. I dig the Green Lantern-style mask, the cape, and the silhouette. I think it was smart to keep the bottom half simple, or else it would look too cluttered. But I'm not digging the color scheme. Red and purple together make Blockade Boy's eyes hurt. I'm going to have to pass on this one.

Finally, let's see Philip's idea for Dark (or Darth!) Blockade Boy.

blockboyrice3

Well, let's hope this never happens to me, but if it does I'll give you a call and we can discuss the costume further. (Like if I'm wearing pants under that get-up, or just another robe.) And then I'll telekinetically throttle you. 'Cause I'll be evil!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that first one. You're like a gay Han Solo or something.

Damn, Blockade Boy--you've got some talented readers!

Anonymous said...

I must agree. And a nice variety of styles executed in this lot.

Bully said...

like a gay Han Solo or something

So, like Han Solo, then?

(But I kids the Han Solo. I'm especially jealous over all the raw talent oozing over in these entries.)

Nepharia said...

I really like the first design, but hey, what can I say? I really *love* the last one. It just screams "evil, bad-boy".

If you ever decide to go that way, look me up. We could terrorize the galaxy together ;D

-N

Anonymous said...

Purple faux-leather is teh awesome!

Phillip said...

The first one is great, and it looks really amazing at its full size! (1711 x 3371!) Those eyes are so... piercing!