Sunday, December 02, 2007

Power to the Purple

On last Wednesday's "Project Runway" (your time), the designers had to create an outfit to be worn by Tiki Barber on an episode of the "Today" show. I liked Kevin's design the best...

rate_runway_09_403



...but Tiki didn't. Madness! Madness, I say to you now. I would have worn it. Because there is not one thing wrong with this ensemble. ...Well, maybe it could use more orange. And I think the model up there would look kick-ass with a sweet biker 'stache, or maybe even a handlebar. Also, he should wear a rakishly-tilted bowler hat, for just the right touch of insouciance. And boots! ...In fact, Kevin should have just outfitted his model like this.

Of course, I may be a bit biased.

6 comments:

Danny Bailey said...

Actually all the Purple assemble needs is a nice jacket

but that is me


Orange? Handle bar mustache?

sigh....

Anonymous said...

That seems weird to me mostly because, whenever I see Barber while I'm flipping channels, that looks pretty much exactly like what he does wear. Except he actually ties his tie.

And you were able to pull it off, but I doubt Tiki would look good in an orange handlebar 'stache.

MaGnUs said...

I like that outfit.

Anonymous said...

hmm...I like your version better.

-nico

Jeremy Rizza said...

Danny: Yes, I too often sigh when I think about handlebar mustaches...

Anonymous: I think Tiki might have chosen it, if Kevin had added a coat. I can't remember if Kevin had planned to make a coat, but I do know that most of the contestants did, not realizing how long it would take. Which is how most of the garments coming down that runway wound up looking like ass. Oh, and my idea was for adding orange and a handlebar mustache. Not an orange handlebar mustache. I mean, that would just look crazy. :-)>

MaGnUs: Of course! That's because you have good taste, my friend!

Nico: Hey, buddy! Long time no comment! Good to see you! And thanks!

MaGnUs said...

Why, thank you, I have great teachers (yourself and my wife). And, did anyone say handlebar mustaches?