Monday, June 23, 2008

"Wow, Shock Absorbers!"

ihateparades


The next day at school, all three of these drama club nerds received the beatings of their young lives.

The icing on the cake for me is the top hats. I get the feeling the kids already owned the hats, which they probably purchased themselves, no doubt with money earned from working in a tea room. Why, they were just itching to wear these debonair chapeaus out in public! Before, they'd mainly used the hats for impromptu stagings of "A Chorus Line." Am I right, kid?

ilovetophats


Well, okay then.

(Finally: Parade-Hater Horace and Jeremy Rizza: separated at birth? It's an uncanny resemblance, if you ask me. I never did see both of them at the same time.)

11 comments:

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Hmmm, what's Jeremy's feelings towards parades?

Gus Casals said...

Actually, there were holding the beating due to sentivity training at the school ( progressive! ), that is, until the TopHatBrigrade did jazz hands...And let's face it, they deseved it.

As for ParadeHater and Rizza, well, I believe PH has some bangs that Rizza lost circa 1982.

Bill S. said...

How do the hats stay on their heads while they're riding their bikes?

Marc Burkhardt said...

Riding a bike in a top hat to stop crime ... sounds like the next big Hollywood super-hero adaptation to me!

Anonymous said...

Actually, they have addtional, gold lame, top hats that they use when reinacting "A Chorus Line".

Skeleton Munroe said...

Yay, Parade Hater Horace! Without question, my favourite Silver Age character.

I may dress up as him for Halloween.

captain koma said...

But those bikes were cool.

Oh and where's my picture?

MaGnUs said...

I had a bike with shock absorbers, but no top hat. :<

MaGnUs said...

Exactly, where is my profile pic?

Jeremy Rizza said...

Jon: He cannot abide them! ...OH DEAR GOD!

Gustavo: Ah, then you haven't seen his latest (your time) Caesar cut. It's horrifying!

Bill S.: Roofing nails, and puh-lenty of them!

Fortress Keeper: And I'm just itching to see the toy tie-ins!

michaelrbn: I stand corrected. I guess these top hats were for their "Ascot Gavotte" from "My Fair Lady."

Jonathan: See if you can find somebody to go as Wonder Woman's Hostess ad nemesis, Cooky LaMoo.

Captain Koma: D'oh! Check your inbox for sketches.

MaGnUs: Well, obviously I can't draw you without your top hat. Have you sent Jeremy any e-mails with photo attachments or guidelines? Because he's lost them. Sorry, he's a bit unreliable at times. I may have to travel back to the 21st Century and "discipline" him.

Skeleton Munroe said...

Or maybe a couple of Phoomie Goonies?